Mission & Vision
The University of Illinois is among the preeminent public universities of the nation and strives constantly to sustain and enhance its quality in teaching, research, public service and economic development.
The University of Illinois will transform lives and serve society by educating, creating knowledge and putting knowledge to work on a large scale and with excellence.
To create a brilliant future for the University of Illinois in which the students, faculty and staff thrive and the citizens of Illinois, the nation and the world benefit, a future in which the University of Illinois is the recognized leader among public research universities in:
- Teaching, scholarship and service
- Engagement and public service
- Economic development
- Arts and culture
- Global reach
In all that the University does, we will:
- Aim high
- Strive to control our destiny
- Be accountable for our actions and exercise responsible stewardship
- Be inclusive, treat each other with dignity and respect and promote citizenship
- Value excellence, quality and service
- Foster innovation and creativity