Mission & Vision
The University of Illinois System is among the preeminent public university systems in the nation and strives constantly to sustain and enhance its quality in teaching, research, public service, healthcare, and economic development.
See also: Strategic Framework
The University of Illinois System will transform lives and serve society by educating, creating knowledge, and putting knowledge to work on a large scale and with excellence.
To create a brilliant future for the University of Illinois in which the students, faculty, and staff thrive and the citizens of Illinois, the nation, and the world benefit--a future in which the University of Illinois System is the recognized leader among public research university systems in:
In all that the University of Illinois System does, we will:
- Aim high
- Strive to control our destiny
- Be accountable for our actions and exercise responsible stewardship
- Be inclusive, treat each other with dignity and respect, and promote citizenship
- Value excellence, quality, and service
- Foster innovation and creativity